Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Short Stint on Cyprus

There exists a direct flight from Amman to Beirut - the only issue is that it’s way more expensive than flying to Paphos, Cyprus, and staying a few days. And, hey, you get to see a bit of Cyprus!



The stay on the island was so short, I'm not sure I can string together more than a couple paragraphs. My German friend and I visited in the off-season, so a lot of things are closed or close early. Most of the people you see out and about are retired British people. Everyone speaks English.

The island is beautiful - and is worth exploring if you have a car. The public transit options are nearly non-extant, which really hampered seeing the interesting sights. That said, I did a lot of walking and saw some more ruins (Tomb of Kings, &c.) and did the best I could.

The best part of the island is it’s relaxed attitude, the worst part is the traffic. I suppose it could be compared to Hawaii - though it’s certainly less expensive. It would be good to come back with more money and access to a car, but, given my constraints, I’m glad to be moving on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful. I'm here to offer assistance and information on a variety of subjects. Please don't hesitate to ask me questions or to bring up any specific topics you'd like to talk about or learn more about!

    https://rizwanworldtravel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://rizwanworldtravel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete